As this second wave hits, we will continue to try and post helpful resources. These resources and more are available here.
For those who live in Longmont (See bottom for Adam's county):
- BUSINESS RESOURCES
- Cultivate :: Carry-out Caravan program connects members of the community with seniors 60+ who face the challenge of securing reliable access to groceries. In Longmont, orders are taken on Monday, and volunteers shop for groceries at the King Soopers at 17th and Pace for delivery to clients' homes on Tuesday. This is a free service, but a credit or debit card from the client is required to pay for your groceries
- Longmont Meals on Wheels :: Provides meals Monday through Friday to eligible seniors and people with disabilities in Longmont, Niwot and Hygiene, who are unable to provide meals for themselves. Anyone younger than 55 is asked to get a health provider's referral before starting. Please contact LMOW at 303-772-0540 for more information.
- Via Mobile Services :: Via is delivering groceries for passengers, waiving fares through the end of April, increasing frequency of cleaning and sanitizing vehicles, and trying to keep trips to one passenger at a time.
- Community Food Share :: Prepackaged boxes of food are delivered to several outdoor locations through the Mobile Pantries program for individuals and families in need of food assistance. Visit the link for locations, eligibility, and an up-to-date schedule. New program participants do not need to worry about typical enrollment documentation/eligibility requirements (USDA programs excluded). (Call 303-652-3663 for more information)
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Colorado Works/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Unemployment & Loans: If your income has been drastically reduced, apply for Colorado unemployment benefits. Learn more about the newly streamlined process to apply here.
- Longmont CAReS offers financial assistance and rebates for a number of resident expenses
- FOOD ASSISTANCE
- SNAP helps individuals and families buy food that is healthy and nutritious. Apply for SNAP through Colorado PEAK or through the MyCOBenefits mobile app (available on Google Play and the App Store).
- WIC provides additional food assistance for eligible mothers who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a child up to five years of age. Applications can be submitted online.
- Community Food Share: Serving residents of Boulder County and Broomfield County. Offering drive-through food distribution at the onsite pantry. Click here for the schedule.
For those living in Adam's County, you can visit their page of resources HERE.